After a day of seeing national monuments, coffee houses, the Red Light District, biking, seeing a cheese farm, and then meeting up with Nicky who is a local we are staying with, what more could we possibly want?!?! SLEEP! Going on 32 hrs without sleep I began to feel like a walking zombie and Randi confirmed it by saying my "response time" was slower than normal. Nothing that a little sleep and a good dinner can't fix! The slogan here....IAMSTERDAM
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Arrival
We made it to Amsterdam after a few last minute flight switches and 8 hrs in the air! We landed around 6 AM and found ourselves wondering the empty streets of this crazy city for hours before anything opened or we saw much sign of life. (this may have been the point I felt on the verge of tears wondering WHAT DO WE DO NOW???) Needless to say, the situation improved and before long we were eating in cafes and on a biking tour through the city and out to the countryside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
a ha ha ha jet lags lagging laggers! the jet. ha
ReplyDeleteAwesome! You made it. Coffee shops, huh. How was the coffee? ;P I am very jealous you guys get to be over there. Have a great time! Eat some cheese and drink some Heiniken while you're there. I'm already addicted to your blog, so please keep it coming. Pictures are good!
ReplyDelete