Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Another day another town...

Left Rothenburg at the crack of dawn, hopped 4 trains in about 6 hours, and then accidently got off at the wrong train station! Figured it all out though, no worries, got to Interlaken about 40 min after our scheduled time. Staying at a hostel called the "Backpacker's Villa" right in town, thank goodness we have a private room and not bunks! Randi keeps trying to get me out of my comfort zone....all I ask for is a little privacy!

An Austrailian guy asked us on the train today if we were from Denmark, and then later in the afternoon when walking around the city another Austrailian guy asked us if we were Austrailian! This is all coming after we have been told we look German! Hmm..maybe that's why America is known as the Melting Pot!

Realized today that we have had either wine, beer, or both every night....and tonight will be no different. Tomorrow holds a big day of Canyoning through the mountains--cannot wait for a little outdoor adventure. Still trying to convince Randy to go hang gliding! I said, "If you're not going to do it when you're in the Alps when are you going to do it?" All I got for a reply was, "Never." Good thing I don't give up easily...

No comments:

Post a Comment