I am now fully convinced Randi wants me dead and tried to kill me today. Ive been on plenty long hikes in my lifetime, maybe 6-8 hrs...but nothing like the 3 hour hike turn disaster today.
Truly, I didnt mind the fact that after the first hour or so of hiking straight up on loose rocks we were in a cloud and couldnt see anything, I didnt mind the fact that it started to pour rain on us (must have been a rain cloud), didnt mind the fact that the temperatures dropped down to 30 degrees and we were wearing shorts, and honestly i didnt really mind the fact that my shoes were soaking wet due to the streams we had to cross and the snow mounds we had to climb through. What I did mind was when we finally found another human being who was up on the mountain and he was hiking in all this great gear, even using an ice pick through the snow, and my flipping pancho hood would not stay up! While we were cold, wet, tired and feeling a bit lost and close to death but did not complain. There was no speaking....period...
So the saving grace after we found the peak we were climbing to was to ride the gondolla down to the town that had a hot tub, swimming pool, warm showers, and we even got a free pass into the steam room and sauna thanks to a guy about 70 yrs old named Alen who gave us his key to get in!! (because it cost 14 Franks to get into the sauna area) Needness to say we were there for like 3 hours.
Well, so tired, never knew I had some of these muscles in my legs until they started hurting today. Good thing we will be getting some more good sleep in our communal sleeping area with about 20 other girls tonight.....oh what i would do for a good nights sleep.....next chance I get Im booking a Marriot Hotel when Randis not watching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment