Monday, June 29, 2009

Cinque de Terre

There may be no more amazing place in the world than where I am right now. So I will make it short because I cannot wait to get back to the beauty of the Cinque de Terre. We are in Italy. I believe I bought a bottle of wine for $3.70.....a delicious bottle, not a cheap bottle. We are staying in Vernazza. So awesome. Boats, the Mediterreanean, great hikes, wonderful Pesto, wonderful cheese, homeade breads, cute Italian grandmas sitting outside reading the paper in moo-moos. We hiked for about 5 hours today. Over under and around cliffs, ocean views, and in and out of 5 of the most unique towns I have seen.

We met a fella named Marco, he is a cop in the area. He is so serious about his job that he spends 2 hours in his town, 20 minutes in ours, and does a 1 minute sweep of the last town in his quest to keep us safe. He told us this while carrying a man bag which is apparently very cool here, most of them are nicer man bags than their lady friends, not kidding. It is also apparentantly popular for guys to shave their legs and arms, tan, and spend more time in the bathroom than I do in a week.

Love the food though =)

In fact, I am going to eat more now.

Then on to Santorini.

Life is very good. And I have not stopped realizing how blessed my life really is.

Signing off....
Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment