So, Kez and I board the boat yesterday. We are heading on an adventure to check out some volcano, hot springs, and another town, Oia. We are sitting on the boat, it is about 115 degrees, the sun is melting us to the seats, there is not a speck of shade, and then comes Constantine. Wearing some Jay-lo Aviators, tennis shoes, and curly hair that needs a good wash. Disshoveled, lays down in front of us as if to take a nap. Sits straight up and says...."where are you guys from?"
And for the next 8 hours, he did not shut up. I am telling you I gave every good bye in the book besides the giving the bird and telling him to F-off. He followed us through the volcano with outlandish stories of mountain lions eye to eye with him in a tent, a grizzly sighting, smoking hash, getting hammered, streaking, skinny dipping, getting people kicked out of hostels.....you name it, we heard it.
Kez was much more gracious than I. She gets the good person blessings for the day. Go Kez.
Other than an obnoxious and constant voice and the sweltering heat, the volcano was awesome, the hot springs were luke warm and kinda gross, and Oia was really cool. We watched the sunset joined by about 1500 other people on a point. I took several pictures of newlyweds in dreamy embraces and kisses while Kez and I akwardly asked for a photo too......we fit right in.
We came back, showered, and went to eat. We passed a bar and the bar tender came out of the bar and offered us free shots along with happy hour cocktails all night if we came in. Kez said, "no, we need food."......smart. He replied, "we have that too." Remind me not to take Kez with me when I am trying to get out of something!
Well, onto Naxos.
Hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July. Here they like to call it Independent Day. Happy that too I guess.
RP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment