We arrived in Santorini yesterday maybe.....not sure because it was after sleeping in the Athens airport. Or kind of sleeping. The airport is so nice. In fact, our biggest room yet. And I am anxious to go back their. Couches all over. They even have a McCafe.....the starbucks of McDonalds. With soft couches and great ambiance. And Kez and I toured our first, and so far only museum there. Kez isn't into museums as much as shopping. So Athens Airport was great. It had both.
Anyway, I am fairly certain that Santorini sits about 800 m from the sun. It is so hot here that my skin melts off. Perhaps that is why no one where tops here and men wear speedos. Actually, Kez has melted off a portion of her shoe on the black sands here. Don't worry, she bought new ones.
We rented an ATV 4-wheeler. We have taken it all over this island. With the two of us on it, we are lucky to get up the hills without one of us getting off......at one point on the highway we were going 6KM per hour.....yeah. Chug-a-lug. Kez did have to get off at one point and walk up the hill. I told her it was good for her. Too much gelato.
Anyway, this place is amazingly beautiful as well. I can't believe what I have seen so far.
And if Kez will stop being scared of the men that stand outside their store or restaurant doors saying, "Hello there. Can I ask you something?" and actually go inside we may eat on this trip too. HA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Clarification....I did not buy any new shoes..well, besides the 2 pairs I bought and shipped them home. But...not a bad idea to get yet another pair...
ReplyDelete